- For a flavour variation, serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a couple of diced strawberries.
- Hazelnuts can be replaced with almond flakes or slivers, natural or toasted lightly in the oven.
- Sultanas can be replaced with diced dried apricots, apple, pear or raisins.
- This recipe makes approximately four cups (4 x 1 cup serves). Be guided by your surgical team on the serve size appropriate for you, but more importantly, how you feel when you eat. You can easily adapt this recipe to make an appropriate serve size for you.
- If you share the meals with family or friends (without a gastric band), they would generally require two serves of the recipe.
obesity summer potatoes cinnamon after care vegetables lapband pumpkin recipe banana lamb psychology weight-loss gastric band mince meat gastric banding success family wrap sweet healthy eating bircher reflux Gastric Banding Procedure vegetarian middle eastern chickpeas Type 2 diabetes nutrition exercising gastric banding beetroot breakfast capsicum heartburn chicken wound care drinking calories diet smoothie pizza blueberries muesli weight loss salmon cajun diet and nutrition recipes beans exercise food
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Leave overnight in refrigerator.
- When serving, add a little more milk if too stiff.